To Practice Massage

To practice massage in the State of California, you must have either a valid & current Certificate issued by the California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC) which can be used anywhere in the state, or a massage license issued by a local city or county. For more information on the CAMTC The MBLEx exam is governed and administered by the FSMTB, and is utilized for licensure in 44 states, the District of Columbia, and the territories of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. If you are getting ready to take your MBLEx exam, we have provided a helpful practice exam on this page.

To Practice Skin Care

To practice skin care in the State of California you must have a valid & current license as an Esthetician or Cosmetologist issued by the Board of Cosmetology under the State Department of Consumer Affairs. The prerequisite to taking the State Board exam for an Esthetician is 600 hours of education from an approved school. Find out more about becoming an esthetician.

To Practice Assisted Stretch

To practice assisted stretch at a Massage Envy location you must complete our proprietary training and perform a minimum number of practicals. Candidates must have successfully completed the study of anatomy and/or physiology in a recognized educational program as a prerequisite. If you have completed an educational program such as a Personal Trainer, Kinesiology, Massage Therapy, Physical Therapy, or Yoga or Pilates Instruction, you are qualified. If you are currently in school for a vocation that requires instruction on anatomy and/or physiology, you may also be qualified.